Monday 13 February 2012

Don`t listen to her, just look











"The head of publicity of the Hollywood studio where I was first under contract told me: You`re a piece of meat, that`s all. It wasn`t very nice but I had to take it. When I made my first screen test, the director explained to everyone: Don`t listen to her, just look."

"I don't feel that I was a Hollywood-created star."

"If you're wanting glamorous or really beautiful or really sexy, well then, I wasn't really the one, but I could do all of that. You could just get really lost in that kind of image."

"Besides, I never really liked my knees."


Kim Novak (born 13th February 1933).

She's crazy, but fabulous.

4 comments:

  1. Love her! Especially in The Legend of Lylah Clare. Pure insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a film I have never heard of! However when I checked the cast list and find "Lee Meriwether as Young girl" and "Coral Browne as Molly Luther", I think I really should see it... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coral Browne is great in it! Of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As if Coral Browne could be anything else... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]