Tuesday 11 March 2014

Dear Jessie













"When I first began, the technicians, camera and make-up men made me feel so self-conscious that I began to have the biggest inferiority complex about my looks."

"I dreaded doing close-ups."

"Victor Saville used to say to me, Darling, you look beautiful. With his magic and the lighting there was no doubt about it, I looked beautiful."

"So, over my shoulder goes one care
Over my shoulder go two cares
Why should I cry, it's blue above
I'm free at last and I'm in love
Over my shoulder go three cares
Over my shoulder go four cares
Bye bye to trouble, it's gone beyond recall
Over my shoulder goes it all."



Jessie Margaret Matthews, OBE (11th March 1907 – 19th August 1981)

2 comments:

  1. I adore her and indeed, 'Bye bye to trouble, it's gone beyond recall
    Over my shoulder goes it all." is a motto for life

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]