Thursday 6 March 2014

Shawlee not?







As "Sweet Sue" in Some Like It Hot:
  • "Those idiot broads! Here we are, already packed, Ready to leave for Miami, and what happens? The saxophone runs off with a bible salesman, And the bass fiddle gets herself pregnant. Bienstock, I ought to fire you!"
  • "Are you two from the Poliakoff agency?"
  • "There are two things I will not put up with during working hours. One is liquor and the other one is men." [To which the classic retort from Tony Curtis as "Joe" was: "We wouldn't be caught dead with men - rough, hairy beasts with eight hands!"]
Joan Shawlee (5th March 1926 – 22nd March 1987)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]